Thread poster: Dominik Langer

Dominik Langer
Germany
Local time: 11:34
English to German
+ ...
May 30, 2014

Hey all,

This might have been asked before but my searches remain fruitless.

Basically I have this problem:

I own Studio 2014 and I want to upgrade a TMW file.
Naively I thought this would be easy, because it always was as a project manager.

Now, however, I have to realize that you can't really do that without having the software (Trados 2007) installed, which is no longer available!
With Studio 2009 and I think even 2011 I think you received a free copy of 2007 and SDLX.
With 2014 you don't.

I have also tried to app that lets you integrate TMW files without upgrading them...same error (Error is in German so...something about class com not found)

I have 2 questions:

a) Is there a way to upgrade legacy TMs without having the actualy old tools installed?
b) Is there a way to legitimately obtain said versions?

Thanks if anyone can help.

Best regards,

Dominik

[Edited at 2014-05-30 13:47 GMT]

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
It IS easy... May 30, 2014

In Studio:

File - Open translation memory - Choose the TMW file (choose Legacy Trados TMs from the file type dropdown list).

Dominik Langer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for answering May 30, 2014

but believe it or not that is exactly what I am trying to do.
It does not work. As I said I get an error message "class com not found" or something the likes. It's in German.
Internet search has told me that it is apparently not possible without having Trados 2007 installed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Legacy TM upgrades in Studio 2014 and obtaining Trados 2007

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search