https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/269963-legacy_tm_upgrades_in_studio_2014_and_obtaining_trados_2007.html

Legacy TM upgrades in Studio 2014 and obtaining Trados 2007
Thread poster: Dominik Langer
Dominik Langer
Dominik Langer
Germany
Local time: 10:38
English to German
+ ...
May 30, 2014

Hey all,

This might have been asked before but my searches remain fruitless.

Basically I have this problem:

I own Studio 2014 and I want to upgrade a TMW file.
Naively I thought this would be easy, because it always was as a project manager.

Now, however, I have to realize that you can't really do that without having the software (Trados 2007) installed, which is no longer available!
With Studio 2009 and I think even 2011 I think yo
... See more
Hey all,

This might have been asked before but my searches remain fruitless.

Basically I have this problem:

I own Studio 2014 and I want to upgrade a TMW file.
Naively I thought this would be easy, because it always was as a project manager.

Now, however, I have to realize that you can't really do that without having the software (Trados 2007) installed, which is no longer available!
With Studio 2009 and I think even 2011 I think you received a free copy of 2007 and SDLX.
With 2014 you don't.

I have also tried to app that lets you integrate TMW files without upgrading them...same error (Error is in German so...something about class com not found)

I have 2 questions:

a) Is there a way to upgrade legacy TMs without having the actualy old tools installed?
b) Is there a way to legitimately obtain said versions?

Thanks if anyone can help.

Best regards,

Dominik

[Edited at 2014-05-30 13:47 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
It IS easy... May 30, 2014

In Studio:

File - Open translation memory - Choose the TMW file (choose Legacy Trados TMs from the file type dropdown list).

Dominik Langer
Dominik Langer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for answering May 30, 2014

but believe it or not that is exactly what I am trying to do.
It does not work. As I said I get an error message "class com not found" or something the likes. It's in German.
Internet search has told me that it is apparently not possible without having Trados 2007 installed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Legacy TM upgrades in Studio 2014 and obtaining Trados 2007

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »