problem with memories in trados 2014
Thread poster: Dott. Hubert Schmidt

Dott. Hubert Schmidt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:22
Italian to German
May 30, 2014

Hi,

after creating a project containing a memory I started translating and then I opened the memory to have a look at it. To my surprise it was completely empty! I tried to resolve the problem by creating a new project with a new memory - with the same result. The memories remain all empty of entrances. There are no segments, wether source or target in the memory.

Somebody got an idea?

Thank You in advance

Hubert

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
check the Update checkbox May 30, 2014

maybe you hadn't checked the Update checkbox in Project settings for the TM you were using?
anyway, you could open your TM in the Translation Memory view, and import your .sdlxliff file into it to input all the segments of your file.
it is really easy to do.
your problem isn't surely due to the software.
good luck!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
More ideas May 31, 2014

In addition to Lorenzo's suggestions, have a look at my blog post on updating translation memories in Studio:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/
HTH,
Emma

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with memories in trados 2014

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search