Thread poster: kadu

kadu
Spain
Local time: 07:42
Spanish to German
+ ...
May 30, 2014

Hello:
I have received a documento written in spanish and english. I've also received the two memories. Can I create a proyect in Studio 2011 or 2014 and import both memories? If it is so, how can I do it?

Thanks
Kati

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:42
English to Russian
+ ...
imho May 30, 2014

you have to create a project with two target languages.
During the process of its creation you specify the path to memories for each language, that have already stored on your PC hard disc.

kadu
Spain
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How? May 30, 2014

Thank you for your reply, but how can I create a project with TWO target languages? I can't see the option. Only for ONE target.
Thanks
Kati

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Depends... May 30, 2014

Hi,

If the target language of your project is the same for both source languages, so if you go English to French and Spanish to French for example, then you could do this with one Project by using AnyTM : http://wp.me/s2xDjK-supertm

But if the source languages have to go into different target languages and they are in the same file then you really would be better off with two projects and just hide the appropriate source text from translation for each project.

Regards

Paul

kadu
Spain
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, thanks May 30, 2014

Hello:
Yes, this is the problem. My text is written in BOTH languages, spanish and english, and I wanted to translate it to german with the TWO TMs. But I think, this is not possible and so I have to create two projects and hide the other language text. Ok, if it is not possible, I had to do it on this way.
Thanks for your reply
Kati

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It is possible... May 30, 2014

... if you use the AnyTM application as mentioned.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Work with two original languages

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search