Thread poster: Martin Asplund

Martin Asplund  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:57
Member (2013)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 1, 2014

So, perhaps I am the only one bothered by this as I haven't found anything relating to it online, but is there any way of hiding the bottom status bar in Trados Studio? That is, the one showing the progress for Not Translated, Draft and Translated segments.

The reason I would like to remove it is that I don't want to know, continuously, how much or little is left of a project as this leaves me thinking in the lines of "I'll finish so and so many percent before lunch" etcetera. Which, trying not to become the stereotypical freelance time boxer, I prefer avoiding when possible.

So, any ideas apart from adding a piece of duct tape to my computer screen?

Many thanks,
Martin

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:57
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I don't think that it is possible Jun 2, 2014

...to completely hide the status bar. But as a workaround you might want to try double clicking the progress statistics and change the Display Value to Count and the Display Unit to Words or Characters so the progress rate will become more obscure at a quick accidental glance.

Edit: Another suggestion, if it bothers you that much, is not to set Studio's window to Maximize and instead stretch it to fit your preferred size on screen, while positioning it in a way that the status bar will be located below the bottom screen edge or behind the Windows Task Bar, depending on where your Task Bar is located.

[Edited at 2014-06-02 08:24 GMT]

Martin Asplund  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:57
Member (2013)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Nov 4, 2016

Hi Shai,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry about the two-year delay ;) In the meantime I've found a way to solve this through a small program that is called Zorro. It hasn't been updated since 2008, but does exactly what I want it to do, black out a selected part of the screen (you need to choose the "Blank selection" option to black out the selected area instead of showing only that part). Am adding a screenshot as well as a link in case anybody apart from myself would be interested in using this.

/Martin

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 13.33.10

(Zorro - http://www.gabrieleponti.com/software/index.html#zorro )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hiding Bottom Status Bar

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search