Hendrien Stobbe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:02
Member (2010)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 2, 2014

Dear colleagues,

After almost 2 years of working with Trados Studio 11 without any problems, unfortunately they're here now and driving me crazy:

I bought Trados Studio 11 Freelance Plus (with extra activation on second computer) in September 2012. I downloaded Studio 11 on my new (and therefore second) computer about a week ago. I did not get any warnings/(error)messages, download went without problems, installation also and Studio worked fine for about 4 days.
... See more
Dear colleagues,

After almost 2 years of working with Trados Studio 11 without any problems, unfortunately they're here now and driving me crazy:

I bought Trados Studio 11 Freelance Plus (with extra activation on second computer) in September 2012. I downloaded Studio 11 on my new (and therefore second) computer about a week ago. I did not get any warnings/(error)messages, download went without problems, installation also and Studio worked fine for about 4 days.

But then, after about 5 days, I don't know exactly when, on clicking the icon, the message 'SDL Trados Studio funktioniert nicht mehr' (= SDL T S has stopped working) appeared. No other message, only this one.
Iꞌve read through the forums and tried/checked the following (with no positive result):

Reset the computer to date when everything still worked, no result;
Windows repaired both Compatability Module and SP2, no result;
Deinstallation of Trados Compatability Module and SP2 succeeded but deinstallation of ꞌRemove suit of productsꞌ fails and produces the message: ꞌInstallation Package Chainer funktioniert nicht mehrꞌ (stopped working);
Download en renewed installation of Studio failed: Message ꞌInstallation Package Chainer funktioniert nicht mehrꞌ appears;
Check Task Manager: ꞌNLSX86xx: Nalpeiron Licensing Serviceꞌ and ꞌNALSERV: Nalpeiron Control Serviceꞌ are there and working;
Removed the 3 files under AppData SDL (User Settings, Base Settings, Plugincache), restart computer, no result;

I donꞌt know what else to do. I have work to do and deadlines to make, and spent almost 2 days trying to fix this problem. I chose the Plus-Version (was willing to pay the extra money) to avoid problems like these and now this…Or should I have deactivated my license on my old computer? That doesn’t really make sense to me, because of the extra activation option of the Plus-Version. Besides, by now it’s too risky, because of the non-functioning Version on my new computer…

Iꞌm now trying to fill in a ticket to SDL Support, but itꞌs loading and loading, nothing happens. Iꞌve tried both on my old and new computer, and both with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Does anyone have any idea how I can get through to Support? I really appreciate your help, thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Hendrien
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Sometimes Chrome is a better option... Jun 2, 2014

... but I have submitted the case through the solution finder on your behalf, so you will probably have received a notification of this.

Regards

Paul

Hendrien Stobbe
Hendrien Stobbe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2010)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's a relief! Jun 2, 2014

Thank you very much, Paul!

Kind Regards
Hendrien

Adnan Mustafa
Adnan Mustafa
Albania
English to Albanian
+ ...
Motherboard crash - Licence expired Nov 12, 2015

Dear colleagues,
My motherboard crashes and after its replacement, Trados 2015 Freelance is not working due to License expiration. Nor activation neither deactivation process is possible because License is in use.
Is there any solution for this problem?

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:02
English to Arabic
Studio 2015 reinstall after motherboard crash Nov 12, 2015

Hi Adnan,

Under these circumstances you will need to log a support request please via your SDL account- Support.

--Licensing Issues
---I use Studio 2015...
----I need to have my license reset

Then you can log a support ticket and our licensing department will reset the license for you.

As a freelance and always working to deadlines etc. I would really recommend Studio 2015 FL PLUS- which allows TWO activation on two NONE domain conn
... See more
Hi Adnan,

Under these circumstances you will need to log a support request please via your SDL account- Support.

--Licensing Issues
---I use Studio 2015...
----I need to have my license reset

Then you can log a support ticket and our licensing department will reset the license for you.

As a freelance and always working to deadlines etc. I would really recommend Studio 2015 FL PLUS- which allows TWO activation on two NONE domain connected PC's.
This means that you have either the option of immediately installing on TWO machines extra flexibility and security) or in the case of a failure- you have an immediate back up.

Please remember SDL will always reset your license- but this can take a couple of days if this happens to be a bank holiday or weekend.

Kind regards

SDL_Steve
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio has stopped working / Support form

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »