Trouble opening Legacy TM in Trados 2014 (Matrix Error)
Thread poster: Torben Hansen

Torben Hansen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:58
English to Danish
+ ...
Jun 3, 2014

Hello,

I'm having trouble opening legacy TM's in Trados 2014.

I get an error message that says:

The translation memory [path\TM.tmw] could not be loaded: '(32): Matrix Error: (null), data file [path\TM.tmw]: Open

It used to work fine, but then suddenly it didn't work. This was shortly after installing Norton360, but I'm not sure it that was the main change. I noticed that on of the Legacy TM files was different than the others. The file association for the .mdf file said that it was an SQL Server Database file or something like that.

That seemed wrong so I used the command prompt command "assoc" to remove the file association of the .mdf file (assoc .mdf = ""). Now the .mdf file says that it is of type "MDF File"

1) Does anybody know what file association the .mdf should have
2) Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing here, does anyone know how to solve this Matrix error problem?

Thank you for any help on this.

Best,
Torben

[Edited at 2014-06-03 05:55 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

MihoMiyazaki  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 23:58
English to Japanese
How did you solve it? Oct 17, 2014

Hi Torben

I am having exactly the same problem. Could you eventually solve the issue?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble opening Legacy TM in Trados 2014 (Matrix Error)

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search