Thread poster: manue G

manue G  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:03
Member (2012)
English to French
Jun 3, 2014

Hello

I have received a project package (which contains 2 files and a TM) and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to find the memory. It is an xliff_projects.zip. I have extracted the project packages files (which have a file extension of .wsxz) from the .zip file and saved them to a known location on
my PC. However I can only see the two files and no TM. What am I doing wrong? The client has confirmed he has sent it so there must be something I have not done.

Thanks for any help you could give me

_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:03
English to German
Check inside the WSXZ Jun 3, 2014

Hi,

The two WSXZ files are in fact the packages. Simply opening these in Trados should suffice and you should be able to see the associated TM in the project settings.

If the TM does not show up, you can double-check if it is really included by simply changing the file name extension from WSXZ to ZIP. The packages are really ZIP files in disguise that contain all resources including the TM (either in TMX or SDLTM format, depending on your client's version of WorldServer).

[Edited at 2014-06-03 14:26 GMT]

Hannah Keet  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Are you sure the TM isn't included in the .wsxz files? Jun 3, 2014

I've worked with these files before. Open them in Trados using the "Open Package" button. A window comes up saying "This package contains multiple files. Do you want to view these files as one merged file in Studio?" Click yes and carry on with the file opening wizard. This *should* open the files with the TM already contained within it.

Hope this helps!

[Edited at 2014-06-03 17:47 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:03
English
As already mentioned... Jun 3, 2014

... it is quite likely that the TM is included inside the package. So if you open the package in Studio you may well find the TM is already attached to the projects.

Regards

Paul

manue G  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2012)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for all you suggestions Jun 9, 2014

Thanks, followed your suggestions and it's all sorted!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Finding TM in package

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search