hnoronha  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:24
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 3, 2014

Hi everyone,

I moved two PCs of mine from Germany to the USA and suddenly my Trados Professional 2014 and 2011 dont see my license and wont even let me deactivate the license manually and reinstall. I tried every solution from Nalperion (repair service, etc) and the SDL website and have been trying for 2 days to get a support case logged but no form shows up despite numerous attempts! The website seems to be dead for support cases.

I cant even reach someone to deactivate my licesnes so I can uninstall the product and reinstall it. This is the same physical machine that was running fine in Germany and every other software item runs normally in the USA EXCEPT Trados.

I get the dreaded ServiceVersionNotCurrent -65 error and I cannot manually deactivate. I cannot get ANY support from the website or anywhere else and have projects delayed due to this one HORRIBLE situation!

COULD SOMEONE AT SDL-TRADOS PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THIS RESOLVED SOMEHOW! Reset the license if possible. I have no idea why it stopped working and the service is shot. NONE of the solutions work. i cant believe a new U.S.-based IP address is causing the problem!

Thanks

Hildreth Noronha
President, Eurosoft, Inc.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:24
English
Getting support... Jun 3, 2014

... Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio / SDL Passolo – 2011 or 2014
-- I need to have my license reset

Pick the correct route for you and if appropriate you will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form, and make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

hnoronha  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:24
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nalperion problem solved. Error message: ServiceVersionNotCurrent -65 Jun 4, 2014

Hi Paul:

First, thank you for your help. As it turned out, tech Support gracefully reset my licenses though even an unistall and reinstall, including manual deletions of the Nalperion service file nlssrv32.exe from the registry, etc., refused to work. I am posting the solution here because it may help someone, and I learned the hard way what went wrong.

As it turns out the Nalperion service would not start because my Windows Event Log service would not start (though the service shows no dependencies). The Windows Event Log service did not start because some Administrator permission got changed on my own computer. I fould out on the Internet that I should go to the command line (in Win 7 64 bit) as an administrator ans issue these two commands:

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup
cacls C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup /G administrators:F

Then reboot.

After that, the event log started, the nalperion service started and the reinstall worked perfectly. I now believe I may not have had to do any of the uninstall/reinstall, reset license, etc. etc. had I known this. So maybe you should have this added to the Knowledge Base if some else encounters the dreaded ServiceVersionNotCurrent -65 error.

They should at least check if the Windows Event Log is starting (using services.msc) from the Run box and if not, track down why that is the case - possibly even try the commands I mentioned, which I found here:

(http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/44479c49-55e6-4bd7-b25e-3f2a6497306e/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-event-log-service-on-local-compurter-error-5-access-is-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity)

So thank God for the Internet. And thank you for your assistance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Desperate: Nalperion problem; Suddenly cannot deactivate or run trados 2014

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search