Trados 2007 cleans, but doesn't clean
Thread poster: Robert Rietvelt

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:51
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 5, 2014

New laptop with Windows 8.1. Amongst other CAT tools I also installed the good old Trados 7 (still in demand).

Funny thing is, that if I want to clean a file, everything seems to work normal (no error messages or whatever), but when I open the file in Word, it is not cleaned at all. I have to use the "cleaning macro" in Word. I also can't find a BAK file.

No problems on my desktop with Windows 7 Pro, everything works fine there.

I work with Office 2007, and yes I save the source file as a Windows 2003 file (for compatability with Trados 7), so that can't be it.

Is this a new compatability trick of Windows 8, or is there something I do wrong? Anybody has the same experience? Anybody has a clue?

Jorge Herran  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:51
English to Spanish
Same issue Jun 5, 2014

Hello Robert, I have the same issue since XP, I have three machines: W XP, W 7 and W 8.1 and in all them I have to do the cleaning using the macro, I used to try it in the other way, but for standardization purposes, now I consider that I have to use the Macro for all cases.

Kind regards

Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My guess is... Jun 5, 2014

Hello Jorge,

My guess is that it is some intallation under Options (Word), but which one?

In my case Trados Unclean only doesn't work under 8.1

[Edited at 2014-06-05 20:02 GMT]

Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still cleaning problems Trados 2007 Jun 20, 2014

Trados 2007 still doesn't clean properly. I asked the question before, but got no answer, so I try it again.

Anybody has a clue?

Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good solution Dec 17, 2015

Hello, I can clean my Word files using the Word 2007 menus as follows: View menu > Macros > View macros, and then select TemplateProject.tw4winClean.Main, and click Execute.

My version of Word is Spanish but the menus must have a similar translation to the one I posted aboveicon_wink.gif

I hope it worksicon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2015-12-17 12:27 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 cleans, but doesn't clean

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search