Thread poster: María Laura Lemo

María Laura Lemo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:23
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 10, 2014

Hello, people, I received ttx files to translate and an INI file. I think that you use the INI file with TagEditor in Trados 2007. But I use Trados Studio 2014 and I was told by the agency that I will probably need the INI in order to clean the file. Do you know if that is possible and how do I do it? Thanks

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:23
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
No ini-file Jun 10, 2014

You need to pretranslate the ttx in Trados Workbench first. Then you just load it into SDL 2014 and translate it. I did a bunch of ttx-files recently and there was no issue. If you do not have Trados 2007 the agency should pretranslate the file for you.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:23
English
Cleaning... Jun 10, 2014

Hi,

You don't need to pretranslate or anything like that. You have been given TTX files already so you can open these and handle them in Studio already.

Where Heinrich may have been coming from is that if the TTX is not fully segmented then you should complete this in Trados Workbench, or ask your client to do it.

Once translated in Studio in order to save the target file, the original file that was used to create the TTX in the first place, then you may need to point to the INI file when you save it.

There is an article here on working with TTX files that might help : http://wp.me/s2xDjK-unclean

Regards

Paul

Argentina
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I could open Jun 10, 2014

the files in Studio without any problem. First, I was told that I will need the INI to open the files, but as I had no problem with that, they told me that I would need it to clean the files. Thanks both for the answers. I will try with the steps of the article.

Argentina
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I followed the instructions Jun 10, 2014

of the article, but when I have the sdlxliff, is that the bilingual? I took that one, I passed through sdl legit and I converted it to TTX, because it was a TTX before, not a doc file, so I got a ttx.sdlxliff.ttx
Then the article says that in order to clean it I have to pass the bilingual (the last one or the sdlxliff extension?) through tw4winClean, but it says that the file is not supported (I tried with all the files I got). I don't know what to do.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 and ttx files

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search