Failed to save target content: The 'P' start tag ... does not match the end tag ...
Thread poster: David Greenberg

David Greenberg  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 17:50
Member (2014)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
Jun 11, 2014

Hi, all.

Trados is giving me the following error:

-

Failed to save target content: The 'P' start tag on line 19 position 592 does not match the end tag of 'cf'. Line 61, position 199.

-

System.Xml.XmlException, System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Word

-

b__3() at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]>

-

SDL Trados Studio

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro

NULL

Greenberg\David

GREENBERG

True

2054444 MB

There are no visible tags in either location.

I understand that normally the fastest way to correct this is to create a new file and use machine memory -- but in addition to the translation itself, my file contains hundreds of comments. Is there a way out?

Thank you very much.

Israel
Member (2014)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found What's Causing the Problem Jun 11, 2014

The cause of the problem is bidirectional-text tags. (Incorrectly) using RTL and LTR markers to indicate embedded RTL text doesn't produce an error ... but it does produce the wrong directional formatting in the target document. (Correctly) using the RTL-embed character and a PDF (pop directional text) produces the error.

So I've found the cause, but not yet a solution.

Israel
Member (2014)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More Specifics Jun 13, 2014

More specifics, the problem results when I use RTL embedding in footnotes. In the main text it's not a problem (with the exception of one of the two locations where I have the embedding control character in one segment and the PDF in the next; combining the segments is not helpful).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to save target content: The 'P' start tag ... does not match the end tag ...

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search