Problems opening package
Thread poster: Todd Field

Todd Field  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:51
Member (2003)
Portuguese to English
Jun 12, 2014

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2014, and I'm having problems opening a package sent from an agency.

After saving the package to my hard drive, when I go to open the package, I get "stuck" on the "Open Package/Review Package Contents" window, and cannot proceed.

The problem appears to be this: in the middle of the window, under "Project Folder", there is a red exclamation point ("!") next to the "Browse" button.

I'm not sure what Trados wants me to do next in order to proceed with importing the package. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Jonathan Hopkins  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:51
German to English
+ ...
Create new folder location Jun 13, 2014

Hi Todd,

That sounds like you already have a folder with the same name that contains files/subfolders. If that's the case, all you have to do is click on the "browse" button next to the exclamation point, select a new destination/folder (e.g. move up in the hierachy once in Windows Explorer, create a new folder in the "Projects" folder and select it) and Studio can once again proceed.

Cheers,
Jon

vicksy nurhayati

vicksy nurhayati  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 16:51
English to Indonesian
+ ...
It works in my case Aug 31

I'm so fortunate that I stumbled upon this old posting, my problem is solved!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems opening package

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search