Problems opening package
Thread poster: Todd Field

Todd Field  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:30
Member (2003)
Portuguese to English
Jun 12, 2014

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2014, and I'm having problems opening a package sent from an agency.

After saving the package to my hard drive, when I go to open the package, I get "stuck" on the "Open Package/Review Package Contents" window, and cannot proceed.

The problem appears to be this: in the middle of the window, under "Project Folder", there is a red exclamation point ("!") next to the "Browse" button.

I'm not sure what Trados wants me to do next in order to proceed with importing the package. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Jonathan Hopkins  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:30
German to English
+ ...
Create new folder location Jun 13, 2014

Hi Todd,

That sounds like you already have a folder with the same name that contains files/subfolders. If that's the case, all you have to do is click on the "browse" button next to the exclamation point, select a new destination/folder (e.g. move up in the hierachy once in Windows Explorer, create a new folder in the "Projects" folder and select it) and Studio can once again proceed.

Cheers,
Jon

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems opening package

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search