Thread poster: MollyRose

MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:38
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 13, 2014

Is there a limit as to how many terms show up for a segment in the Termbase Recognition?

Sometimes I come across a term that I know is in my TB but it doesn't have the red line above it in the source, nor does it show up in the viewer. I suppose that's because it only shows up to so many, but some of my sentences are long. Sometimes I think I have a term but since I know that TB is case sensitive, or maybe I need it to show plural vs. singular or some other minor difference that for some reason doesn't show up even with the fuzzy TB matches, I go to add the term, say "yes" to edit, and it's the only one. So I know I had the term but it wasn't recognized.

It would be nice if there were a way to increase how many terms show up in a segment. I have a LOT of terms, which I use to save keystrokes even more than for glossary purposes. Is there a setting that I can change, or is it an issue with Trados itself? If so, SDL, if you're "listening," would you make a note of adding more capability?

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 15:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
bugged Multiterm Jun 13, 2014

this is an "ancient" bug that has never been solved.
as far as I know, there is nothing you can do about it. it is really annoying, I know.
maybe anyone else can shed any advice or workaround?

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:38
English to Spanish
... Jun 13, 2014

Yes, this is a very old problem that appears intermitently, of course when you least expect it.

Very annoying, as Lorenzo says.

Obviously SDL people have no idea what causes that problem since they have never announced or promised that it will be corrected in the next version.

Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:38
Member (2012)
French to English
Jun 13, 2014

[Edited at 2014-06-13 23:04 GMT]

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Have you tweaked the project settings a bit? Jun 15, 2014

Under termbases, you can adjust the search settings. By default, the search depth is set at 200. If you set it to 999 it, of course, produces better results.

MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:38
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
term search depth Jun 19, 2014

I never knew what that "depth" refers to. Does anyone know? I certainly don't ever have 200 terms showing up in a segment. I did change it to over 800, but it still does not show all the terms in the segment. (I also increased the number of times a term can show up in a segment, although the 10 I had was more than plenty. And Ichanged the fuzzy match from 70 to 80% to reduce the amount of non-pertinent terms in a segment.)

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Link Jun 19, 2014

Hi Molly,

This issue has been discussed before, see link below:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/268495-multiterm_does_not_display_terms.html

TermInjector 2.2 has been released, now it installs under 2009/11 and 14 without having to go through the procedure described in the above link.

Cheers,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 SP1, not all terms in source show as recognized

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search