"Could not update. Currently locked" when trying to save term in Studio 2014 SP1
Thread poster: MollyRose

MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:23
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 13, 2014

This error message appeared when I tried to add a new term from a long sentence in a segment (in Trados 2014 SP1). I thought maybe it was "full" so I translated the next segment and then tried to add a term from the new, much shorter segment. But it gave the same error message.

Why? What should I do? (Terms did show up when I went to the next segment, and they were inserted when I chose them.)

Alex Lilo
Ukraine
Local time: 00:23
English to Russian
+ ...
same problem in Multiterm 2017 Aug 2

this problem was in Multiterm 7 termbases and it persists in Multiterm 2017 TBs. To avoid this and so many other old and new bugs, don't update TM 2017 to SR1.

If you have... (with so many bugs still not fixed after the SR1 release...), use EITHEHR your Studio environment OR multiterm desktop environment to edit your terms. If you have a TB open in Studio and using Multiterm separately to edit a term (just because in Studio it is now often very difficult or impossible to do this), you may have this error message when the tb is in Flags mode. Using only one of the environments will solve the problem. The reason here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/918578/error-message-when-two-different-users-try-to-change-the-same-record-i

Unfortunately, there are too many other bugs still unresolved.

[Edited at 2018-08-02 16:44 GMT]

United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Flags layout, how to correct locked terms Aug 2

I rarely have Multiterm open, as I do all my term adding and editing directly through Trados Studio (2014) when working on translations. But I keep it in Flags mode. Do I need to change to a different mode? I USUALLY don't have problems with locking, but I do see in Multiterm a long list of locked terms.

Unfortunately, I can't see what the locked terms are, only their reference numbers, and I haven't figured out how to access them to either edit them or delete and recreate them. Anybody know how to do that?

Alex Lilo
Ukraine
Local time: 00:23
English to Russian
+ ...
RE: re: re: Aug 2

sometimes (often in long sentences/paragraphs in the 2014 version) terms don't show up in Studio. in project settings, under termbases, you can try different settings for minimum match value, search depth and term repetition threshold. won't help if you have long sentences/paragraphs. you can also edit your segmentation rules to keep segments shorter. this way term recognition will work better. also, you can try adding same terms again if they don't show up (often because the ending is different, etc.)

Flags layout in MT2014... I don't remember which is better in this version. I prefer the default layout most of the time and the flags layout helps sometimes with adding/editing issues. I can't remember now which was better for TS2014. Maybe someone else does.

To unlock locked entries in a TB: SDLTBs are actually Access databases. They can be edited with MS Access (if you have it installed as part of your MS Office suite). First, make a backup copy of your TB. Then open it in Access (choose Open other file and All files in the Open dialogue box). Double-click on the table mtLocks. Select all entries in the table and delete them. Save the file. Open it in Multiterm and see if you still have any locked entries. It doesn't delete the entries, just the locked status. It is better to be safe than... so make sure to back up your TB before doing this.

Hope this helps!

United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Access, Oh!! Aug 3

Thanks. I was wondering why the link you included was about Access. I will try that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Could not update. Currently locked" when trying to save term in Studio 2014 SP1

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search