Thread poster: Nehad Hussein

Nehad Hussein  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:53
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
Jun 14, 2014

Hello Dear Experts,

I work for a client who usually sends me a Word file with the ST included. He insists that the delivery be a bilingual file of the same file format. I use Trados Freelance edition 2014 which enables me product a clean target file. I am not professional with Trados yet. How can I create a bilingual file without doing that manually.

All the thread I could find talks about converting SDLXLIFF files into TMX, but even when I do that I am not sure to create the word file that I want.

P.S. the client does not want a TMX file and do not understand about TMs at all.
Thanks for your help.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:53
English to French
+ ...
SDL legit Jun 14, 2014

Go to the Welcome tab in Studio, select SDL legit RH pane and convert your SDLXLIFF file to a bilingual Word file.

Cheers,

Bernard

Nehad Hussein  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:53
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
conversion fails all the time Jun 14, 2014

Thanks Bernard for your advise. I followed it but I am always faced with the following error message

'Converting file to bilingual doc failed'. Do you have any idea what wrong did I do?

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:53
English to French
+ ...
File Jun 14, 2014

Can you send me your file via my e-mail for me to have a go?

Thanks,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Create unclean word file

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search