How to find out the different bands in cross-repetitions (SDL 2011)
Thread poster: excellentwork

excellentwork  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:46
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Jun 17, 2014

Hello everybody,

this is my first post so forgive me if I am not proceeding properly/if I am asking the obvious/if I am asking for something that was already answered: I made several searches and couldn't find the info I am looking for.

I must give a quote to a client that has several hundred files to translate. Many of the files are almost identical but not entirely.

After creating a new project with an empty TM, I ran the batch task 'Analyze files'. The result shows that here are around 80% cross-repetitions on the total amount of words in all the files, but doesn't state the proportion among those (as in the amount of 75% repetitions across files, the amount of 50% repetitions across files, etc.).

I thus don't know how to interpret this data, and am unable to offer a quote, apart from a quote for the number of new words.

What am I misunderstanding or doing wrong?

I would greatly appreciate your help in this matter!

Many thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find out the different bands in cross-repetitions (SDL 2011)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search