How to find out the different bands in cross-repetitions (SDL 2011)
Thread poster: excellentwork

excellentwork  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:07
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Jun 17, 2014

Hello everybody,

this is my first post so forgive me if I am not proceeding properly/if I am asking the obvious/if I am asking for something that was already answered: I made several searches and couldn't find the info I am looking for.

I must give a quote to a client that has several hundred files to translate. Many of the files are almost identical but not entirely.

After creating a new project with an empty TM, I ran the batch task 'Analyze files'. The result shows that here are around 80% cross-repetitions on the total amount of words in all the files, but doesn't state the proportion among those (as in the amount of 75% repetitions across files, the amount of 50% repetitions across files, etc.).

I thus don't know how to interpret this data, and am unable to offer a quote, apart from a quote for the number of new words.

What am I misunderstanding or doing wrong?

I would greatly appreciate your help in this matter!

Many thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find out the different bands in cross-repetitions (SDL 2011)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search