Thread poster: Tony Bennjamin

Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 03:04
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Jun 18, 2014

Hi,

Last week, I had deactivated my Trados 2011. When I want to re-activate it again, it is stated that The license is still in use. When I checked on the sdl.com, in my account, the license is in use.

Please help me with this matter.

Regards

SDL_Mihaela
Romania
license activation Jun 18, 2014

Hi,

If you have a Freelance version of Trados you can find the steps of what you need to do here - http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5196

Mihaela

Indonesia
Indonesian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The Certificate Jun 18, 2014

Hi,

I only found this: "Can't deactivate online? – Deactivate offline". When I clicked on the that link, and insert the certificate, the appeared statement is: "The Deactivation Certificate entered is not valid". Therefore, I couldn't follow the given steps.

Thank you

Please check it and try again.

SDL_Mihaela wrote:

Hi,

If you have a Freelance version of Trados you can find the steps of what you need to do here - http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5196

Mihaela

SDL_Mihaela
Romania
activate offline Jun 18, 2014

Hi,

In this case, please try this:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?articleId=3925#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3925

you will find there the steps for offline activation.

Regards,
Mihaela

Indonesia
Indonesian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still didn't work Jun 18, 2014

Hi, thanks,

I still can't deactivate nor activate the license.

In activate the license, as I follow the steps, it didn't shows how to obtain an offline certificate.

It goes the same as to the offline deactivate. I think, I am hopeless...

Thanks Mihaela for your help.

Regards.

Tony

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:04
English
License is still available Jun 19, 2014

Hi Tony,

I have just checked your license and you still have one activation available which is why you don't see the option to force return your license. However, your 2014 licenses are both being used and you can see the force return option there.

As you didn't purchase an additional license for 2014, you just received the upgrade through your PSMA I would say this is the problem. 2011 will still work with the 2014 license as long as they are on the same machine, but as both 2014 licenses are activated you cannot activate 2011 elsewhere.

Make sense?

What I think we need to do so this is made more clear is to keep your 2011 and 2014 licenses in synch. But I will take this up with our licensing team and then come back to you as needed.

Regards

Paul

Indonesia
Indonesian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I only activated one Trados Jun 19, 2014

Hi Paul,

I only activated the Trados 2014. But, the Trados 2014 is on different machine. It is installed in my laptop. Except for my Trados 2011, which I had deactivated it two weeks ago. But, I didn't realize that it still stated that my Trados is in use. And now, I wish to install Trados 2011 into my PC. Do you meant that I only can activate one Trados, though it has a different version?

This is what I meant with my problem. Thank you,

Regards

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:04
English
Licensing Jun 19, 2014

Hi,

You have Freelance Plus. This means that you have two activations available to you. These can be used as follows:

Computer #1
2014 or
2011 + 2014

Computer #2
2014 or
2011 + 2014

What you cannot do is something like this:

Computer #1

Computer #2

Computer #3

Computer #4

This is because the same license you use for 2014 is used to activate 2011. So you can run 2011 at the same time as 2014, but only on the same computer.

If you had purchased an additional license for 2014 as opposed to upgrading your 2011 license then you would be able to install on four computers as per the latter examples.

Regards

Paul

Indonesia
Indonesian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, it works well!!! Jun 19, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thank you, I had tried to use 2014 to activate the 2011, and it really works!!

So I can use 2014 license for next activation.

Thanks again

Regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LIcense Still In Use

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search