pollution of memory? SDL Studio 2014
Thread poster: Mpoma

Mpoma  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:37
French to English
Jun 19, 2014

Hello,

(I did a search in this archive but couldn't find an answer)

I have just bought SDL Studio 2014... previously I have always used Trados 6.5 which was fine for my needs.

I have been experimenting with it for a couple of weeks but now I have a job. Quite a big job, an IDML file.

It's a commercial catalogue in fact... the question is, how to prevent cluttering up the TM with lots of rubbish: for example addresses of companies are just "copied over" to the target bit, but I don't want these things to enter the TM. OTOH I obviously do want genuine translation segments in the TM.

Can anyone explain how one proceeds?

More generally, are there any FREE get-together groups (I live in London UK but could be online) where technical issues to do with SDL Studio can be discussed???

Thanks
Mpoma

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:37
English
On the groups... Jun 19, 2014

Hi Mpoma,

I can't comment on local groups with get together, but thought I'd note this plugin on the OpenExchange (Free):

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/clientservicescxm-562.html?c=56028#56028

This is quite helpful as it provides even more places you can find help with Studio including an SDL QuickStart Community where you already have access by virtue of owning Studio 2014 but may not have known it.

On your TM. I take a different view on this to you as I don't see how addresses or company names for example would be polluting your TM. I see the TM as a repository of work you have handled before, and by saving everything in your TM you won't have to handle it again.

But if you really don't want to store anything in there apart from real translations then just don't confirm these segments as you work, in which case they won't be added to your TM.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pollution of memory? SDL Studio 2014

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search