(-2147417851): The server threw an exception.
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 20:12
German to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 30, 2004

hello,

winXp, Office XP, Trados 6.5.2.417

I have tried cleaning up a DOC file to update my memory and I am getting this message. It is a very large file, in a table, and I would really like to update my memory. Does anyone know what the cause might be?

P.S. I am still trying to find the problem. I think it's not the document, but the TM.

I think I've done something bad. :'(
I have opened Workbench and tried to import a text from an alignm
... See more
hello,

winXp, Office XP, Trados 6.5.2.417

I have tried cleaning up a DOC file to update my memory and I am getting this message. It is a very large file, in a table, and I would really like to update my memory. Does anyone know what the cause might be?

P.S. I am still trying to find the problem. I think it's not the document, but the TM.

I think I've done something bad. :'(
I have opened Workbench and tried to import a text from an alignment project over an already existing memory. Did I destroy the memory? Is there any way I can fix it?

[Edited at 2004-11-30 15:03]

P.S. 2
I have now restarted the computer, and this time it works. Does anyone know what happenned there? (I hope I won't need that again, but just in case ...)

[Edited at 2004-11-30 15:05]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:12
English to German
+ ...
Communication between components Nov 30, 2004

Hi Eli,
A server exception is often caused by a communications error between different software components (either between various Trados components, or between Trados and other software, such as MS Office components). The fact that re-booting solved the issue would support this theory.

If the problem persists after re-booting, it's sometimes useful to (re-)register the software and/or to reorganise the TM.

I don't think the alignment import was the cause here.... See more
Hi Eli,
A server exception is often caused by a communications error between different software components (either between various Trados components, or between Trados and other software, such as MS Office components). The fact that re-booting solved the issue would support this theory.

If the problem persists after re-booting, it's sometimes useful to (re-)register the software and/or to reorganise the TM.

I don't think the alignment import was the cause here.

Cheers, Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(-2147417851): The server threw an exception.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »