Running Trados 2007 and Studio 2014 on same PC
Thread poster: Patricia Will

Patricia Will  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:20
Member (2004)
German to English
Jun 23, 2014

Hi, I am thinking of buying Studio 2014 as one of my regular customers wants me to use it for a recurring project but have to continue using 2007 for certain customers and also to give me time to learn to use Studio and feel comfortable with it before using it for every job. Are any of you doing this and are there any problems I am likely to run into.
Thanks
Trish Will

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:20
English to Hebrew
+ ...
No problems Jun 23, 2014

They will run fine alongside each other, but please note:
1) You can work on TTX files in Studio 2014. Unless you need to connect to to a 2007 Server TM, there is really no reason to use 2007 over 2014. With some Open Exchange apps (apps that you can install to extend the functionality of Studio) you can even create and convert bilingual Word files if you need them.

2) From my experience with helping others do a similar switch. Find a good time (i.e. finish your current project in Trados 2007 and start the next one in Studio; just plan that it will take you a bit longer to process while learning the new workflow) and just make the switch. Having a "safety net", people tend to fall on it more than they realize or plan.

Read a little about Studio 2014 (or better yet, watch the getting started videos from within the software), get familiar with the basics (it is really not that different), and then switch. I think that it is the best approach.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Running Trados 2007 and Studio 2014 on same PC

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search