Sofyan barhomeh  Identity Verified
Jordan
Local time: 23:01
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 26, 2014

Dear Colleagues,

I want your help about the way of importing two columns excel file to SDL Trados 2011 in order to use it as translation memory in sdl trados 2011.

Note: I tried to import excel file in the form of CSV but it didn't work.
Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:01
English
Why didn't the CSV option work? Jun 26, 2014

Hi,

Apart from the CSV option there other ways that might be useful. The easiest is to use the Glossary Converter from the OpenExchange. This has the capability to convert any of these files to one of the others with a drag and drop:

MultiTerm termbase (*.sdltb)
MultiTerm Termbase Definition file (*.xdt & *.xml)
Excel 2007 Workbook (*.xlsx)
Excel 2003 Workbook (*.xls)
Excel Csv File (*.csv)
Excel Txt File (*.Txt)
Term Base eXchange file (*.tbx)
Universal Terminology eXchange file (*.utx)
Translation Memory eXchange file (*.tmx)

So you can take your Excel file and go straight to TMX, and it's very fast too. I used this for an excel file with in excess of 40k segments and it tacked it in seconds. Certainly my experience with this tool is very good.

You can find it here: http://goo.gl/vMt1sa

The current version is a special charity edition because the developer is raising money for a charity he supports in Manchester, UK. The tool has always been free up to now, and it will be free again in the future, but for around €7 I think it's worth it, even if only in recognition for the great work this developer has done in making it easier to work with terminology in Studio.

I'll also plug his new app that integrates into Studio 2014 and makes creating a termbase in Studio for your project a 5 second task!

Glossary Plugin : http://goo.gl/OfbN2A

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import two columns excel file to SDL Trados 2011

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search