Valentina Frattini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:35
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 28, 2014

Hello everyone,

I need help: I'm working on a project with Studio 2011 and the client asked me to send him a TXT or TMW translation memory.

How can I create it with Studio 2011, since the usual format is TMX?

Thanks for your help,

Valentina

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:35
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Try... Jun 28, 2014

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdltranslationmemorymanagementutility-482.html#tabs

it's an app for Studio 2011 which will allow you to convert a Studio TMX into one of Trados 2007 formats...

I've already replied to you on Langit... icon_smile.gif

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:35
English
Just to avoid confusion Jun 28, 2014

Hi,

If you specifically need a TXT or a TMW then only Trados Workbench can do this. You would need to export a TMX from Studio and the n convert it. But it seems to me that if your client can use a TXT or a TMW then they should be quite happy with a TMX.

Giovanni is right to point you towards this tool because you are using Studio 2011. The tool will convert your Studio Translation Memory to a TMX that is more compatible with Trados Workbench than the TMX from Studio. But it won't create the TXT or TMW for you.

If you have Studio 2014 then it's not needed as you have an option to create a Studio TMX or a Trados 2007 TMX built in.

Both TMX files can be used in Studio and Trados Workbench, but if you use fields and attributes for example and need to send the TMX to Trados Workbench then the compatibility option makes sure the old tools can read all this additional information.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating a txt or tmw translation memory in Studio 2011

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search