Thread poster: Secilia Njau
Secilia Njau
Secilia Njau  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:22
English to Swahili
+ ...
Jun 29, 2014

I am wondering if anybody can tell me how to get rid the {0> when using Trados.

They usually appears and when you close tabs they will still be there with both original and translated file with this codes and the files looks real dirty.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:22
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Don't do that! Jun 29, 2014

I suspect you are working with an old Trados Workbench version, directly on a MS Word file. Those tags are in fact the information given by the CAT tool about the source segment and the target segment. As you accuratedly said, your file looks "very dirty", and in fact, this is the "dirty version" of your translation. When you finish translation, you should "clean" the file to provide a clean translated version.
If you erase those purple tags, you will damage the translation information. I
... See more
I suspect you are working with an old Trados Workbench version, directly on a MS Word file. Those tags are in fact the information given by the CAT tool about the source segment and the target segment. As you accuratedly said, your file looks "very dirty", and in fact, this is the "dirty version" of your translation. When you finish translation, you should "clean" the file to provide a clean translated version.
If you erase those purple tags, you will damage the translation information. I do recommend you to hide them via FILE > Options > View > (unclick) Hidden text

Note that my MS Word versin might be different to yours, and the menu names might be different, or be located in different tabs.

When you finish translating the file, you will need to "clean" the file via Workbench: Tools > Cleanup > Add (the file to cleanup) > Clean up.

Kind regards

Clarisa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get rid off

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »