Studio 2014 only exports some target segments to target RTF, leaves others in source lang
Thread poster: LEXpert

LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:42
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Jun 30, 2014

Well, I've encountered all sorts of random and bizarre bugs from Trados, but this takes the cake. Everything is translated and confirmed in the Studio 2014 file, but when I try to save target as, the target file is created but omits random target segments in the first half of the translation, and most of the second of the half the translation, instead simply exporting the source text for those segments. I've been up the entire night trying to troubleshoot this (close Studio and restart, retranslate original file RTF from memory, re-save source file and try again with new project, but the result is always the same.
The bilingual review Word table looks exactly as it should, with all segments exported in the target file.
Any ideas? I've got several days worth of work in this file and I need to be able to get a proper target file exported, which seems like it should be a simple function.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:42
English
If you are able to share the file... Jun 30, 2014

... I'd be interested to take a look and see if we can find the problem?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 only exports some target segments to target RTF, leaves others in source lang

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search