Thread poster: Jakob Theander

Jakob Theander
Sweden
Local time: 14:34
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 30, 2014

Fellow translators!
I´m quite new here and I have limited knowledge about this page but I have some questions about the Trados program. I was happy to see that I could get this apparently very useful program for a cheaper price if I buy it in TGB. The only thing is that I don't want to pay for it if I don't know how this buying process works, and it says nothing about it on this page. I have numerous questions. Is there anything I need to know before I join the buying group? Does my macbook pro support the program? How do I get it once I´ve payed for it? Do I have to share it with other people or what? I live in Sweden, will there be any trouble with land codes, tariffs, unexpected expense whatever? I´m sure there are people here that bought this program in TGB. Please share your experiences with me.

Sincerely

RudeFrog

Diana Llorente  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
I bought it in a group buy Jun 30, 2014

Hello, I bought Trados Studio in a group buy and it's in my computer and working fineicon_smile.gif

When there is enough people in the group they let you know, then you pay and download it in your computer, that's all.

About living in Sweden, if you don't have an intracomunitary VAT number, you'll have to add VAT to the price. The company for Trados is in Ireland, I think.

I don't have a clue whether your can use it in your mac. You would have to check the SDL web page to find out. Why don't you first download the trial program for a month? then you'll be able to see exactly if it works well.

Diana

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:34
English
On using Apple MAC Jun 30, 2014

Diana Llorente wrote:

I don't have a clue whether your can use it in your mac. You would have to check the SDL web page to find out. Why don't you first download the trial program for a month? then you'll be able to see exactly if it works well.

Hi,

You will need to run it in a virtual environment such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion because Studio does not run natively on a MAC. There is a KB article here that may be of interest:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=2830&source=article&c=12&cid=23

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About buying Trados in group

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search