.mdb files in Trados Studio 2009?
Thread poster: Joakim Braun

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:44
German to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 1, 2014

In Trados Studio 2009, I get the rather uninformative message "Failed to open the selected translation memory (error code = -1072955381)" when opening .mdb translation memories.

I see a lot of threads about this. Anyone know the current best practise?

SDL Trados 2007 is installed.

I've tried the "Sdl.Sdk.SdlxTmTranslationProvider" plugin, which made no difference.

The .mdb files are not corrupt, since they open just fine in a plain-vanilla MS Access converter.

[Edited at 2014-07-01 10:46 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.mdb / .sdltb tips for posterity Jul 1, 2014

Actually, I had a .sdltb file to start with that wouldn't open in Trados Studio 2009.
.sdltb files are apparently MS Access (StandardJet) database files and can be renamed to .mdb.

Then:

• Open the .mdb file in a MS Access database viewer (I used MDB Explorer for MacOS)
  • Copy the rows for the languages
  • Paste to Excel
  • Use the VLOOKUP() function in Excel to pair terms automatically using the numeric "conceptid" key in one of the columns
  • You should now have a two-column bilingual spreadsheet. Copy-paste into a tool that creates TMX files from clipboard text (an unreleased MacOSX app of mine does that in a moment)
  • Save and import to Trados

I came up with this solution in 30 minutes.
Trados told me -1072955381.

[Edited at 2014-07-01 16:50 GMT]

Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
BeginInvoke says hello Jul 1, 2014

So I use the Trados shell context menu "Open documents" to open a .ttx file, and Trados Studio 2009 says: "Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.mdb files in Trados Studio 2009?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search