https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/271555-translate_doc_file_with_do_not_translate_style_in_trados_2014.html

Translate .doc file with DO_NOT_TRANSLATE style in Trados 2014
Thread poster: Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 14:40
English to Bulgarian
Jul 3, 2014

Hello!

I have to translate a huge .doc file. Some parts of it are formatted with DO_NOT_TRANSLATE style.
Well, I'm not forced to translate with Trados 2007. I prefer using Trados Studio.

When I open the file in Trados Studio 2014 the result is not good – all parts formatted with DO_NOT_TRANSLATE style are opened for translation.

Is there a way to configure Trados 2014 so the parts which are not for translation can be skipped?

Thank you
... See more
Hello!

I have to translate a huge .doc file. Some parts of it are formatted with DO_NOT_TRANSLATE style.
Well, I'm not forced to translate with Trados 2007. I prefer using Trados Studio.

When I open the file in Trados Studio 2014 the result is not good – all parts formatted with DO_NOT_TRANSLATE style are opened for translation.

Is there a way to configure Trados 2014 so the parts which are not for translation can be skipped?

Thank you in advance!

Dimmo
Collapse

Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 14:40
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Jul 3, 2014

It's easy when you find the answer...

Replace style DO_NOT_TRANSLATE with tw4winExternal and translate the file with Trados Studio. All the text in tw4winExternal is not present in the sdlxliff file.
Generate target file and replace tw4winExternal with whatever you want.

Cheers!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:40
English
Or.... Jul 3, 2014

... add the DO_NOT_TRANSLATE in the Studio filetype. You can use whatever style you like for this. But your method works by default since this is the way Trados used to do it.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translate .doc file with DO_NOT_TRANSLATE style in Trados 2014

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »