Thread poster: Angela Melegari

Angela Melegari  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:25
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 4, 2014

Hi all,
recently I had my pc stolen and I'd now need to deactivate my license in order to reactivate it onto a different pc. I have a license for Studio 2011 with Trados 2007 Freelance Plus.

I read some posts about similar cases but I couldn't find any relevant information on the SDL Licensing Problems page as suggested. I also contacted SDL support from Proz as it's not possible to get any email address on their website, but with no success.

Do you have any idea on how I can deactivate my license even if I don't have my stolen pc any longer?
Or how I can get in touch with SDL for licensing support?

Needless to say, I'm desperate!

Many thanks in advance for any help

[Edited at 2014-07-04 15:37 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Saw your contact in ProZ... Jul 4, 2014

... which we don't monitor at all, and responded. You didn't tell me what version of the software it was in your ProZ email, but I see now it's 2011 and 2007. You can reset both of these yourself if you use the solution finder - http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf - as you'll find the appropriate self service articles in there.

However, just in case you still can't manage the licensing team (it is Friday evening!) have reset both licenses for you already. So you should be good to go.

Regards

Paul

Angela Melegari  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 4, 2014

You're a star, many thanks!

I went through the Solution Finder on your website, but I wasn't sure if "resetting" my license was the correct option. I was told by your Italian partners I rather had to "deactivate" it so I was concerned that the two options might be two different things and cause problems.

In any case, many thanks for your support and your speed of response.
Have a great evening.

Angela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio License Deactivation in case of theft

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search