problems opening TMs in reinstalled Trados 6.5
Thread poster: lexical

lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:34
Portuguese to English
Jul 9, 2014

I wonder if anybody knows how to solve this problem?

I recently installed my beloved Trados 6.5 on a new computer, in a virtual machine running Windows 6.5, inside Windows 7. This is a proper copy of Trados with licence that I have used under Win XP for years. Now when I try to open a legacy TM, I get the message “(50000): Invalid password”. The SDL knowledge base explains that this means the password used to access the TM does not grant sufficient privileges for the operation (http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/1538.html). The incomprehensible thing is that I have never specified a password when creating a TM in the past, and I’m not being asked for one now when I try to open one now.

I can create a new TM, import a TM in *.tmx format and use it to translate normally, but if I try to reopen that TM at a later date, I get the same message. Is there a straightforward fix for this – or is it, for example,because I copied the licence from the old computer (I thought that was not a problem up to v. 6.5)?

I would be grateful for any help as I don’t want to upgrade now I’m retired and only translating occasionally.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems opening TMs in reinstalled Trados 6.5

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search