problems opening TMs in reinstalled Trados 6.5
Thread poster: lexical
lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:52
Portuguese to English
Jul 9, 2014

I wonder if anybody knows how to solve this problem?

I recently installed my beloved Trados 6.5 on a new computer, in a virtual machine running Windows 6.5, inside Windows 7. This is a proper copy of Trados with licence that I have used under Win XP for years. Now when I try to open a legacy TM, I get the message “(50000): Invalid password”. The SDL knowledge base explains that this means the password used to access the TM does not grant sufficient privileges for the operation (
... See more
I wonder if anybody knows how to solve this problem?

I recently installed my beloved Trados 6.5 on a new computer, in a virtual machine running Windows 6.5, inside Windows 7. This is a proper copy of Trados with licence that I have used under Win XP for years. Now when I try to open a legacy TM, I get the message “(50000): Invalid password”. The SDL knowledge base explains that this means the password used to access the TM does not grant sufficient privileges for the operation (http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/1538.html). The incomprehensible thing is that I have never specified a password when creating a TM in the past, and I’m not being asked for one now when I try to open one now.

I can create a new TM, import a TM in *.tmx format and use it to translate normally, but if I try to reopen that TM at a later date, I get the same message. Is there a straightforward fix for this – or is it, for example,because I copied the licence from the old computer (I thought that was not a problem up to v. 6.5)?

I would be grateful for any help as I don’t want to upgrade now I’m retired and only translating occasionally.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems opening TMs in reinstalled Trados 6.5

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »