Trados and DITAMAP files
Thread poster: KerryT

KerryT
Local time: 02:10
German to English
Jul 10, 2014

I'm trying to process some DITA XML files in Studio 2011. They work fine except for one file which is a DITAMAP file, which Studio says is "untranslatable". I have "All XML" installed. A colleague using Studio 2014 says it appears as "untranslatable" to her as well.

Does anyone know how these files can be processed?

Direct link Reply with quote

J Gallagher  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:10
English to Finnish
+ ...
Trados and DITA files Jul 10, 2014

Hi,

You will need to allow extension .ditamap for DITA files. Go to Tools-Options-File Types (or similar path in 2014, I'm looking at 2011), select XML: OASIS DITA 1.2 Compliant and add ;*.ditamap to box File dialog wildcard expression.

And make sure XML: OASIS DITA 1.2 Compliant is selected as your file type.

This should work, unless your customer has specialized their DITA and has elements that vanilla DITA does not recognize. In such a case you would need to create a custom file type.

Hope this helps.

KerryT
Local time: 02:10
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
DITAMAP still not recognized Jul 11, 2014

Many thanks for your reply.

I did as you indicated, but it still does not recognize the file type (type "unknown"). To customize the system, do I need detailed information from the client regarding their file?

Peter

J Gallagher  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:10
English to Finnish
+ ...
Ditamap Jul 11, 2014

I've noticed that you need to create a new project to apply the changed rules. That could be one reason. The other could be that the DITA file type is not used for some reason. It is also a good idea to move the DITA file type up top. You should do that within your own project through project settings - before you have imported the files.

If you want, you can send me a problematic .ditamap file and I can tell you if it's vanilla DITA or not.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and DITAMAP files

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search