Characters still in "Draft" when all segments are "Translated"
Thread poster: Amanda Keen

Amanda Keen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:23
French to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2014

I am using the Starter version of Studio 2014.

I have finished a project with 3 word files, all segments in all files have been translated. However, when I look at the projects overview, one of the files comes up as only 99% translated. In the confirmation statistics box, it says all segments for this file have been translated, but 9 characters (2 words) are still in Draft and 1 character (0 words) is Not translated.

It's happened more than once. Agencies don't seem to mind, but it's driving me a bit potty. Any ideas what this means? And how I can stop it?

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Uta Kappler  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:23
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Use Batch Task for Translation Count Jul 11, 2014

Hi Amanda,

Go to the file list in your project and highlight the file or files with the issues and run the Batch Task "Translation Count". This might resolve your problem, but I have never used the Starter version. Give it try.

Not sure, but this sound similar to the issue that fully translated files showed up as "In review" in 2014 and/or as more than 100% translated. See: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/264656-trados_studio_2014_10_words_status_in_review_percentage_0.html

Kind regards,
Uta

Amanda Keen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:23
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Jul 11, 2014

Thank you, I don't really understand what it did, but it now says 100% There are some batch tasks you can't carry out in the starter version, but thankfully this wasn't one of them. Thank you Uta!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Characters still in "Draft" when all segments are "Translated"

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search