Thread poster: Hanne Flor

Hanne Flor  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 19:17
English to Danish
+ ...
Jul 15, 2014

Hi,

After having installed Studio 2014 today, I wanted to open a translation project (that I previously worked on using Studio 2011). My experience so far with Trados Studio has left my ambitions very low, so at first I just wanted to open this project as if it was a 'new' project (never mind that I already translated large parts, that were saved in the TM).

But - and it's probably just me being ignorant - when I ask Studio 2014 to open a project, I am only offered the option to open projects with the extension .sdlproj. The project that I want to open has the extension .sdlppx.

I am sure the solution is very simple, I just cannot find it on my own; not in the Help section, nor in any posted topic in here.

I would be happy, if someone could helpicon_smile.gif

Hanne

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
yep... Jul 15, 2014

... it is simpleicon_smile.gif

The sdlproj file is the file containing metadata that tells Studio where to look for the files in the project it refers to.

The sdlppx file is a package so you should open it with Open Package and not Open Project. This article might be useful for you : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-f2

Regards

Paul

Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 20:17
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Packages and projects: different things Jul 15, 2014

Hi Hanne,

The file with the extension .sdlppx is not a project but a package. (Packages are archives prepared by the customer, they contain project settings, source and reference files, and any TMs and termbases the customer decides to include.) If you want to open the package file you should select "Open Package" instead. However you should be able to open and continue your previous project, there's no need to start over: just select "Open Project", navigate to your project folder, and find the file with the extension .sdlproj.

Hanne Flor  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you... Jul 15, 2014

Hi Paul and Darius,

I am so embarrassed; I should have figured that out myself.

Thank you very much both of you, for taking the time to reply, and yes - I will try to get a hold of the previous TM, now that Things are up and running smoothly.

Regards,

Hanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: Extension for project not listed

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search