Is it worth upgrading to freelance Trados for multiterm?
Thread poster: Amanda Keen
Amanda Keen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:17
French to English
+ ...
Jul 17, 2014

Hello,

I am currently using the starter edition of Studio 2014 but am considering upgrading. Having worked with the starter edition for over a year I am aware of its TM limitations - to be honest its main purpose is to enable me to receive packages from agencies - the ability to set up TMs is limited to one per language pair and 5000 TUs, and I can't run my own TM whilst using a project package with a TM.

That having been said, these limitations aren't quite enough to persuade me to fork out the money for the freelance edition. However, being able to work with terminology more effectively would.

So is multiterm useful, in addition to the the ability to create termbases within Trados? I notice the Trados website is exalting increased multiterm integration into Studio 2014, but does it work, or is it too clumsy?

Grateful for any tips!

Thanks,

Amanda Keen

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:17
English to French
+ ...
Link... Jul 17, 2014

Try the following or similar, you should be able to judge for yourself:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/271831-complete_and_utter_frustration_with_multiterm.html

Cheers,

Bernard

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it worth upgrading to freelance Trados for multiterm?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search