Is it worth upgrading to freelance Trados for multiterm?
Thread poster: Amanda Keen
Amanda Keen
Amanda Keen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:13
French to English
+ ...
Jul 17, 2014

Hello,

I am currently using the starter edition of Studio 2014 but am considering upgrading. Having worked with the starter edition for over a year I am aware of its TM limitations - to be honest its main purpose is to enable me to receive packages from agencies - the ability to set up TMs is limited to one per language pair and 5000 TUs, and I can't run my own TM whilst using a project package with a TM.

That having been said, these limitations aren't quite enough to p
... See more
Hello,

I am currently using the starter edition of Studio 2014 but am considering upgrading. Having worked with the starter edition for over a year I am aware of its TM limitations - to be honest its main purpose is to enable me to receive packages from agencies - the ability to set up TMs is limited to one per language pair and 5000 TUs, and I can't run my own TM whilst using a project package with a TM.

That having been said, these limitations aren't quite enough to persuade me to fork out the money for the freelance edition. However, being able to work with terminology more effectively would.

So is multiterm useful, in addition to the the ability to create termbases within Trados? I notice the Trados website is exalting increased multiterm integration into Studio 2014, but does it work, or is it too clumsy?

Grateful for any tips!

Thanks,

Amanda Keen
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:13
English to French
+ ...
Link... Jul 17, 2014

Try the following or similar, you should be able to judge for yourself:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/271831-complete_and_utter_frustration_with_multiterm.html

Cheers,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it worth upgrading to freelance Trados for multiterm?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »