Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:54
Russian to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2014

I have opened the pdf in trados 2014.

I have translated the document.

Now I wish to export the pdf in word from trados 2014. How can I do it?

I can see only the option -- export the targets -- when I do that, I export in pdf, but I cannot open the pdf in windows.

I would like to do that, because this is a pdf where you can use ctrl+F and it's easier to translate first and then edit the formatting rather than use finereader, then translate i
... See more

I can see only the option -- export the targets -- when I do that, I export in pdf, but I cannot open the pdf in windows.

I would like to do that, because this is a pdf where you can use ctrl+F and it's easier to translate first and then edit the formatting rather than use finereader, then translate in trados, then format (or finereader, formatting, trados, formatting).

Thank you for your advice.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:54
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Trados is not a software for creating PDFs Jul 18, 2014

Save your translation as DOC or DOCX and create a PDF e.g. from MS OFfice.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Save Target As... Jul 18, 2014

Andrew052 wrote:

I would like to do that, because this is a pdf where you can use ctrl+F and it's easier to translate first and then edit the formatting rather than use finereader, then translate in trados, then format (or finereader, formatting, trados, formatting).

Thank you for your advice.

Hello Andrew,

When you open a PDF in Studio it is converted to a DOCX first. This is what you are translating. When you save the target file you get a target DOCX. You don't get a PDF. So you should be able to open this file in Microsoft Word.

Regards

Paul

Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:54
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tags for terms in bold Jul 19, 2014

What can I do in the following case:

I have got a lot of terms in the word file. All of these bold terms are marked by tags in trados. I would like to retain the bold formatting, but get rid of the tags, so that I don't have to place the tags by hand.

Thank you for your tips.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Can you share a screenshot? Jul 19, 2014

What's confusing me here is that bold, and any formatting, is always controlled by tags. So you will always have to handle them, either by transferring the formatting when working in wysiwyg or by transferring the tags.

Maybe if you share a screenshot it will be clearer what you are referring to. Maybe your pdf has converted with additio
... See more
What's confusing me here is that bold, and any formatting, is always controlled by tags. So you will always have to handle them, either by transferring the formatting when working in wysiwyg or by transferring the tags.

Maybe if you share a screenshot it will be clearer what you are referring to. Maybe your pdf has converted with additional tags?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pdf in trados 2014

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »