Darius Porebski
Darius Porebski
Germany
Local time: 00:30
English to German
+ ...
Dec 3, 2004

Hello!

I'm trying to import a MS Access database (.mdb) in MultiTerm iX.
The steps are: open MultiTerm > Tools > Attach Termbase. Then I give the database a name and click OK.
The following message given out by MultiTerm is just a blank message window called "Error" which contains only one button: "OK".
This is confusing. Can anyone help me?
Maybe the original database has to be in a special form with special fields defined? I tried it all, but nothing seems
... See more
Hello!

The steps are: open MultiTerm > Tools > Attach Termbase. Then I give the database a name and click OK.
The following message given out by MultiTerm is just a blank message window called "Error" which contains only one button: "OK".
This is confusing. Can anyone help me?
Maybe the original database has to be in a special form with special fields defined? I tried it all, but nothing seems to work.

Thank you very much in advance
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
You cannot open or directly import MS Access databases to MTiX Dec 3, 2004

Hi Darius,

Attaching means creating a link to a MTiX termbase - although MTiX uses .mdb files, their formatting is fundamentally different from any other database. IOW you can open an .mdb file using MS Access, but you cannot open any .mdb database in MTiX.

Maybe the original database has to be in a special form with special fields defined?

Exactly. MTiX comes with a converter utility called MT Convert, which you will find alongside MTiX. One of the supported formats is MS Excel, so perhaps you can export the tables in your Access database to Excel?

HTH, Ralf

Darius Porebski
Darius Porebski
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanx Dec 3, 2004

Thank you, I'll try my best.

Have a nice day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing MS Access database in MultiTerm iX

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »