Thread poster: William Pairman

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:35
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Jul 21, 2014

An annoying problem...

While working on Studio 2014 text often becomes highlighted as having spelling etc. mistakes with the jagged red line beneath (as in Word) when there is evidently no mistake in the text. This happens frequently, maybe in as much as 5% of segments andhas the serious effect of "masking" genuine mistakes.

It happens on all source file types (.doc, .ppt, .ttx etc), occasionally it "rights itself" and disappears, most often it doesn't. The jagged line doesn't always correspond to individual words and right clicking doesn't bring up any suggestion for correction. When you run F7, these sections do not appear.

Here's a screengrab I did to explain it better...

https://imageshack.com/i/ipa8a858p

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Yes, long-standing problem Jul 21, 2014

This has happened on and off since 2009. There doesn't seem to be any explanation for it. I think sometimes it happens when the segment has a lot of tags in it / starts with a tag, but not necessarily (as in your example).

The way I deal with it is to click Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, (i.e., select all, copy, paste). The squiggly red lines disappear.

Not a good solution, I know.

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Service Pack fails to resolve problem Dec 9, 2014

How difficult can it be? It's really annoying

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text incorrectly spell check highlighted in Studio 2014

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search