International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Text incorrectly spell check highlighted in Studio 2014
Thread poster: William Pairman

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:04
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Jul 21, 2014

An annoying problem...

While working on Studio 2014 text often becomes highlighted as having spelling etc. mistakes with the jagged red line beneath (as in Word) when there is evidently no mistake in the text. This happens frequently, maybe in as much as 5% of segments andhas the serious effect of "masking" genuine mistakes.

It happens on all source file types (.doc, .ppt, .ttx etc), occasionally it "rights itself" and disappears, most often it doesn't. The jagged line doesn't always correspond to individual words and right clicking doesn't bring up any suggestion for correction. When you run F7, these sections do not appear.

Here's a screengrab I did to explain it better...

https://imageshack.com/i/ipa8a858p

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Yes, long-standing problem Jul 21, 2014

This has happened on and off since 2009. There doesn't seem to be any explanation for it. I think sometimes it happens when the segment has a lot of tags in it / starts with a tag, but not necessarily (as in your example).

The way I deal with it is to click Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, (i.e., select all, copy, paste). The squiggly red lines disappear.

Not a good solution, I know.

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Service Pack fails to resolve problem Dec 9, 2014

How difficult can it be? It's really annoying

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text incorrectly spell check highlighted in Studio 2014

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search