United States
Local time: 11:05
Member (2013)
English to Danish
+ ...
Jul 28, 2014

Hello,

I have Studio 2014 and Windows 8.0.

I have this problem every time I move to a new segment - I type the first letter and immediately the cursor jumps to the LEFT of that first letter and I have to stop and put the cursor on the right side of the first letter so that I can continue typing.

For example, if I start out the segment wanting to write"His", Studio jumps to the left of H and instead writes "isH".
It is very annoying and it doesn't happen in any other program on my computer, only in Studio. Also, it does it whether I type or speak it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Helle

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:05
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Left to right language setting? Jul 29, 2014

I have no idea, but this would would make sense if the program thinks you are typing hebrew or arabic.

C. Grosy
France
Local time: 20:05
English to French
Similar problem with Studio 2015 and Windows 10 Sep 10, 2015

Helle Gylling wrote:

Hello,

I have this problem every time I move to a new segment - I type the first letter and immediately the cursor jumps to the LEFT of that first letter and I have to stop and put the cursor on the right side of the first letter so that I can continue typing.

For example, if I start out the segment wanting to write"His", Studio jumps to the left of H and instead writes "isH".
It is very annoying and it doesn't happen in any other program on my computer, only in Studio. Also, it does it whether I type or speak it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Helle

Hello

I have Studio 2015 and Windows 10 and the same problem occurs, only not at the beginning of segments but any how. It's very annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

Francesca Collodo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:05
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Yep me too Sep 10, 2015

Also since Win10 upgrade, however I have to say it did it in Messenger too... :/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cursor moves to the LEFT of the first Letter of a segment

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search