Thread poster: Nicolette Quigley
Nicolette Quigley
Nicolette Quigley
Local time: 15:39
German to English
+ ...
Aug 1, 2014

Hello everybody:

I reinstalled Trados Studiio 2014 on a new hard disc.

Then I wanted to confirm a segment and move to the next unconfirmed sgement, using Ctrl + Enter. Now I am supposed to use At+Add which does not work on my keyboard.

I tried to change the hotkey in File - options - hotkeys. There is the list with all the hotkey, als Alt+Add. However, I cannot edit the line. This means I delete "Alt+Add" but Trados does not allow me to input my old shortcu
... See more
Hello everybody:

I reinstalled Trados Studiio 2014 on a new hard disc.

Then I wanted to confirm a segment and move to the next unconfirmed sgement, using Ctrl + Enter. Now I am supposed to use At+Add which does not work on my keyboard.

I tried to change the hotkey in File - options - hotkeys. There is the list with all the hotkey, als Alt+Add. However, I cannot edit the line. This means I delete "Alt+Add" but Trados does not allow me to input my old shortcut Ctrl+enter.

Why are you changing a shortcut that worked fine? And why am I unable to reset it?

Best regards
Nicolette

[Edited at 2014-08-01 21:57 GMT]
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Trados user profile Aug 1, 2014

The Alt+Add shortcut is default for the old Trados user profile.

Either switch to your customised user profile or to a Studio profile. To do this, go to File>Set-up>Manage User Profiles.

More about copying your profile when you transfer Studio to a new machine here:
... See more
The Alt+Add shortcut is default for the old Trados user profile.

Either switch to your customised user profile or to a Studio profile. To do this, go to File>Set-up>Manage User Profiles.

More about copying your profile when you transfer Studio to a new machine here:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/02/11/studio-on-a-new-computer/
Collapse

Nicolette Quigley
Nicolette Quigley
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked! Aug 1, 2014

Hi Emma:

Thanks for your help! - I also read your very interesting blog.

I changed the setting to SDLX. Now I am using "enter" to confrim the segments. I am a bit unhappy with F4 which is used to copy sentences into the target segment, but wil try to change this.

Best regards and have a nice day
Nicolette

[Edited at 2014-08-02 07:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot change shortcut Alt+Add in Trados 2014

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »