Translation memory not updating in Studio 2014
Thread poster: Josée Bayeur

Josée Bayeur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:20
English to French
+ ...
Aug 4, 2014

Hi, i am translating a single document for a client using their Translation memory. I assigned it to the file, I clicked the update button in the settings, the languages are correct, it shows up during translation and propagates 100% matches, I confirm each segment after translation, in options and automation, I have "update translation memories" checked, but I can't find the new TUs in the TM. I tried finalizing and importing the sdlxliff file into the TM, but to no avail. What am I doing wrong or not doing? How can I see that my TM is updating?

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:20
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Blog post on this subject Aug 4, 2014

You might want to try going through the points in my checklist:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/

Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I tried all that already... Aug 4, 2014

Thanks Emma, I am aware of your excellent blogpost and have gone through all those steps many times but I stll can't see my TM updated. I enumerated all the steps I have taken in my previous message, is something missing?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:20
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
How to see whether a TM is updating Aug 4, 2014

Josée Bayeur wrote:

How can I see that my TM is updating?

Here are two ways to confirm whether your TM is updating:

- When you're in the Editor window and you click in a confirmed segment, can you see the exact segment in the Translation Results window?

- When you open your TM in the Translation Memories window (bottom lefthand window), and you browse to the end of the TM with the blue arrow, can you see your translated segments?

Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes! Aug 4, 2014

Thank you Emma! I was clicking on the wrong arrow, the little ones on the right immediatly above the TM entries. Now I can see them all. Thanks again!

Miguel Ríos
Mexico
Local time: 10:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same issue: missing translation units... Jan 7, 2016

There is this one file, I can see the translated segments in the editor, but nowhere in the TM view. Odd. If I search random words, I get translation units with numbers higher than the highest yesterday, so it's been updating. But not these segments at least.

I also have found your blog post very useful. Then, when I click on the translation unit in the editor view, I can see two TM translation results, exactly like the one not showing in the TM view, except for a different number (they are translation memory results such as the ones we use to compare with our segment and see what needs to be changed, except that this missing segment is translated and confirmed down here, and it does not show in the window above).

I am worried because if I edit on the translation memory and then pretranslate my editions to obtain the exit files, some segments where there could be mistakes wouldn't be edited.

Where am I clicking wrong?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation memory not updating in Studio 2014

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search