Studio 2011, ttx and ini files
Thread poster: Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:20
German to English
Aug 4, 2014

I've been successfully translating ttx files using Studio 2011 (SP2R) with no problem for a certain client.

Today, however, this client sent me a fully-segmented ttx file together with a related ini file (judging by its name, I assume this is the client's generic ini file used for all their projects). My deliverable will be a translated ttx file. When I first imported the ttx file, I received a warning that Studio couldn't find the related ini file and showed various searched paths. I tried migrating the ini file according to the steps outlined in the migration guide, but no joy; I received a message that the file type was not recognized. I then moved the ini file to a folder listed in the search path of the warning message, created a new project and received the same warning when I imported the ttx file.

I know I can work on the imported ttx file, but my concern is whether this file can be properly cleaned to the source xml file at the client's end without my having relied on the ini file during the translation process.

All thoughts appreciated!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011, ttx and ini files

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search