Macro in Autohotkey for replacement of word "XXXXXXX" with word "YYYYYYYYYY" in Studio 2014
Thread poster: Maxim Polukhin

Maxim Polukhin  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:46
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 5, 2014

I want to create a macro in Autohotkey, which will do hundreds of replacements in the SDL Trados Studio 2014.

For example it will do the following replacements:

" / " with "/"
" ," with ","
word "XXXXXXX" with word "YYYYYYYYYY".

That is, I want to create a macro, that will eliminate lots of common errors in machine translation.

I found a wonderful video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10KM27uzoIE).

It clearly explains that I need to record my steps (replacments) using AutoScriptWriter programs, later I need to assign the shortcut key in Autohotkey to run the macro, next step is to copy the text from AutoScriptWriter into Autohotkey and end write "return" at the end of the script.

But for some reason I can't create this macro. When I carefully review the text recorded by AutoScriptWriter, I don't see a line where replacement of word "XXXXXXX" with word "YYYYYYYYYY" is recorded.

I would like to ask the experts to help me and write the script, which would perform the following action:

replacement of word "XXXXXXX" with word "YYYYYYYYYY" (if possible it should work not inly in SDL Trados Studio 2014 but also in Microsoft Word).

Most probably, the most effective script in Autohotkey will contain only 3-4 lines and StringReplace function.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:46
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
I think a macro is overkill Aug 6, 2014

If you only want to do 3 replacements: you can open a merged view in SDL Trados 2014 and run the standard S&R or, if that proves to be too slow due to the number of files, you can use an openexchange app (there are many free ones available) that can perform a global S&R

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Macro in Autohotkey for replacement of word "XXXXXXX" with word "YYYYYYYYYY" in Studio 2014

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search