Error after updating
Thread poster: Karina Garcia Pedroche

Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 6, 2014

After updating my Trados Studio 2014, an Error notice appears every time I open my software:

'Newtonsoft.json.Linq.JObject' does not contain a definition for 'subscription'

If I close it, I can continue working, but I'd like to solve this, just in case...

Can you provide some help, please? Thanks.

Karina

[Edited at 2014-08-06 20:08 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

ChananZass
Italy
Local time: 10:56
Member (2014)
Italian to English
+ ...
Same here Aug 6, 2014

After today's update (Aug. 6, 2014) I see the same error message.
I wish programmers would test their updates prior to distribution...

If I find a solution, I'll update my post.

[Edited at 2014-08-06 21:45 GMT]

Contacted SDL support and they suggested to remove the Newtonsoft.Json assemply from GAC (computer global cache). Doing that caused my SDL Trados Studio 2014 to crash...

Put that assembly back into GAC, uninstalled Studio 2014 and re-installed, to no avail.

Discovered that:
- Problem with the Json assembly is still a big problem.
- The crash was caused by the MyMemory plugin, which searches for its own Json assembly. Removing reference to this plugin in the project configuration file (*.sdlproj) resolved the crash issue.

Just to say that there IS a problem, of which SDL is aware.
Better not try to fix it yourself.

[Edited at 2014-08-07 15:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-08-07 15:07 GMT]

Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any news? Aug 8, 2014

Thank you ChananZass,

I think I don't have My Memory plugin intalled. I'll check, anyway, and confirm.

Dear Trados Support,

Are you working on this? Any update?

Thanks and regards,

Karina

[Edited at 2014-08-08 02:36 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
An update... Aug 8, 2014

Dear Karina,

The support teams are working on this to see if they can determine the cause and then fashion a resolution. So far we don't have any machines where we can replicate the problem so we're working in the dark a little.

We think it may be related to .NET so perhaps you could try the following and let us know if this helps you?

Repair .NET

1. Go to Control Panel
  2. Select add\remove programs or programs and features
  3. select repair for .NET

You could also try this repair procedure in Studio (it will reset things that you will have to add back such as your list of projects, location of TMs and termbases but you won't lose anything):

1. C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Local\SDL: delete/rename the SDL Trados Studio and ProjectApi folder
  2. C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\SDL: delete/rename the SDL Trados Studio folder
  3. C:\Users\[User_Name]\Documents\Studio [VERSION]: rename the Studio [VERSION folder to Studio [VERSION]_Old

This may help and as you can reproduce the problem it would be helpful for us to know if this resolved the issue. If you have any problems after trying this please email me at pfilkin@sdl.com and we'll arrange for a support engineer to take a look as quickly as possible.

Regards

Paul

ChananZass
Italy
Member (2014)
Italian to English
+ ...
SOLVED Aug 13, 2014

After today's SDL Trados Studio 2014 update (Aug. 13, 2014), and after re-installing the MyMemory plug-in, the problem with newtonsoft.Json assembly has been resolved.

Go figure...

[Edited at 2014-08-13 16:14 GMT]

Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It didn't work for me Aug 14, 2014

I don't have any plug-in installed, as my PC has recently been repaired and I only had time to download Trados Studio, so My Memory is not an issue for me.

The update didn't solve the issue. Should I download the installation file from Trados Studio web site and re-install it?

Regards,

Karina

PS: I do have Google Translate and Memsource Plug-in's installed. Should I remove those two instead?

[Edited at 2014-08-15 03:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-08-15 03:17 GMT]

ChananZass
Italy
Member (2014)
Italian to English
+ ...
Try reinstalling the MemSource plugin Aug 15, 2014

If I were you, I'd download and reinstall the plugin.
No need to uninstall it first.

It appears all the plugins come with their own version of newtonsoft.Json assembly, which at times create conflicts with the one used by SDL Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error after updating

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search