Corinne Jeannet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:55
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Aug 6, 2014

Hi,

I am working on a package of 5 Word files, all very similar with many repetitions (Studio 2014, English > French).
I have obtained the first target file without any problem.

But for the next ones, I obtain a target file which appears 98% in source language although the sdlxliff was fully translated. Sooo weird.

The client says it is because of the tags but it seems irrelevant here.

Any idea??
This is very strange and I have no idea where it comes from.

Thank you!

Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:55
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Editor View Aug 6, 2014

Good Evening Jeannet,
My experience is that you must have your file open in the Editor view, in order to Save it in the Target language. Is it possible that you have saved one file from the Editor and the others from the Files list?

Give it a try!

Corinne Jeannet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:55
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Split tool creates a bug Aug 7, 2014

Thanks Amnon.

The agency finally managed to solve the issue, I explain shortly as it might be helpful to other Trados users.

The problem comes from the fact that I split some segments during translation: several sentences were unduly "glued" together in source so I needed to split them in order to benefit from repetitions. But it creates a bug...

So I had to apply the TM to a fresh file and manually re-translate those segments which couldn't be split - now I obtain my target file in French.
I occasionally use the "SPLIT" tool and it is the first time it happens, quite strange!

Kind regards,
Corinne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014/ Target file generated in source langague

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search