Thread poster: Worder Company

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:05
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 6, 2014

Please advise me as to the best approach to the following procedure:

1. There are 2 translators working on the same sdlxliff. Translator 1 works in Trados 2014, Trados 2 works in Memoq (using the sdlixliff, exported from Trados 2014.

2. The file is divided into 4 parts. There are no duplicats and not a great number of partial matches expected.

The procedure in place:

1. Translator 2 in MemoQ tanslates a part of the document, then exports tmx into Trados, where the file is pretranslated in Trados.

No problems expected as the procedure was tested across multiple files with 95% sucess rate of the pre-translation state.

But, in one of the files there is a chance that there will be a great number of partial matches within the file itself. What is the best approach in this case. i.e. when translator 1 exports tmx for part 1 into trados, translator 2 might have already translated the partial match segments and has already failed to leverage the partial mathes.

Is the server TMs the only option here???

P.S.

There are a lot of cross-file mathes. These will be identified before the translation of a particular file starts up, i.e. translator 1 pre-translates the files in trados and approves 99% and edits >89% segments, i.e leveraging the partial mataches (>89%). Then translator 2 received the TM for the previous files. Translator 2 is able to leverage

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 15

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple Translators of the Same Sdlxliff

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search