Thread poster: Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:00
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 6, 2014

Please advise me as to the best approach to the following procedure:

1. There are 2 translators working on the same sdlxliff. Translator 1 works in Trados 2014, Trados 2 works in Memoq (using the sdlixliff, exported from Trados 2014.

2. The file is divided into 4 parts. There are no duplicats and not a great number of partial matches expected.

The procedure in place:

1. Translator 2 in MemoQ tanslates a part of the document, then exports tmx into Trados, where the file is pretranslated in Trados.

No problems expected as the procedure was tested across multiple files with 95% sucess rate of the pre-translation state.

But, in one of the files there is a chance that there will be a great number of partial matches within the file itself. What is the best approach in this case. i.e. when translator 1 exports tmx for part 1 into trados, translator 2 might have already translated the partial match segments and has already failed to leverage the partial mathes.

Is the server TMs the only option here???

P.S.

There are a lot of cross-file mathes. These will be identified before the translation of a particular file starts up, i.e. translator 1 pre-translates the files in trados and approves 99% and edits >89% segments, i.e leveraging the partial mataches (>89%). Then translator 2 received the TM for the previous files. Translator 2 is able to leverage

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple Translators of the Same Sdlxliff

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search