MultiTerm entries show warning about "active content"
Thread poster: Peter Mueller

Peter Mueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:01
Member (2008)
English to German
Aug 7, 2014

Here we go again: Another Trados 2014 update (11.1.4084.0) and a new MultiTerm issue.

After having updated to the latest build (Trados Studio 2014 Freelance), whenever I add a new term to a MultiTerm termbase in the Trados Editor, a warning message is being displayed, informing me that the "displaying of active contents that may access computers has been restricted for security reasons". I can click on this as on any Windows warning message and get the option to "Allow blocked content...".

Yet, when I do so, the content of the TermBase window in Trados Editor is replaced by an error message (looks like Internet Explorer framed in the TermBase window, which is weird enough) stating that the content of that page could not be accessed.

Luckily, next time I try to add a new term, I have my TermBase window back, but once again with the pesky and confusing warning.

Two questions:

1. What does it mean?

2. How do I get rid of it?

Any help would be appreciated.

[Bearbeitet am 2014-08-07 08:13 GMT]

Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Java settings? Aug 7, 2014

Hi,

I had the same issue when I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and reinstalled Studio 2014 and Multiterm a few days ago.

The following solution worked for me:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/257963-sdl_multiterm_studio_2014_add_edit_terms_not_working_after_java_7_update_45_installation-page6.html

HTH

Regards
Susanne

Peter Mueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Did not work Aug 7, 2014

Hi Sussanne,

thanks for the feedback. I tried it (and read the blog entry), but I still see the issue.

This may be related, but the fix must be different. It looks like Trados trying to access an invalid (as in faulty, offline, denied, etc.) internet address, either to check a certificate or for something else.

SDL should really find a solution without Java for MultiTerm.

Sigh,

Peter

Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
2 Java versions Aug 10, 2014

Hello Peter,

just by chance I've read this morning in another forum that a person got the same message as you, and she had 2 different Java versions on her compter. After leaving only Java 8 it seems that the problem disappeared.

Perhaps it could be worth checking if this is your case as well?

Good luck.

Susanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm entries show warning about "active content"

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search