Studio 2014 error: Failed to get archive directory listing
Thread poster: Dorado05

Dorado05
Local time: 19:33
Aug 7, 2014

I'm getting the message "Failed to get archive directory listing" when I try to open Trados 2014. I also noticed that I get the same message when I click on Check for Updates. Any suggestions? Thanks!

[Edited at 2014-08-07 22:38 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:33
English
It sounds as though... Aug 7, 2014

... Studio is unable to update itself with the latest update. Can you try and download it then apply it manually? This article explains what you need to do: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5093

Regards

Paul

Dorado05
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2014 error: Failed to get archive directory listing Aug 8, 2014

Hi Paul! I followed the instructions and now I have the latest version, BUT I still getting the message "Failed to get archive directory listing" everytime I open Trados. Any suggestion to avoid that error message? Thank you for your help!!!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:33
English
Maybe... Aug 8, 2014

... and you can try this advice I received from the support team this morning. They think that because the error pop-up was also prior to the update being applied that it probably isn't related, and this sounds logical given you still get it after applying the update manually too. But seeing as you only got this after Studio started looking for the available update then perhaps try this:

Repair Studio and check what happens when opening Studio with Run as Administrator.

1. Run a repair installation. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
  2. Select SDL Trados Studio in the list of installed programs and click the Repair button.
  3. Follow the steps in the wizard.

If this still fails, try to reset everything to default state (3 xmls, projectApi )

This action won't lose any TMs, Projects, Termbases permanently. But you will have to find them and open them again to add them back to anywhere you used them in Studio. If you have customised keyboard shortcuts, QA settings for example then these will be lost and you'll have to set them up again.

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2014-08-08 07:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-08-08 07:46 GMT]

Dorado05
TOPIC STARTER
Failed to get archive directory listing Aug 8, 2014

Hi again! I tried both, but I still having the same message. Thank you for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 error: Failed to get archive directory listing

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search