Thread poster: Oliver Domínguez

Oliver Domínguez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:33
German to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 8, 2014

Hello everybody,

I have received a TagEditor project and I wanted to translate it using my new Studio 2014. I made a new project using the wizard, added the translation files, and chose the memory selecting "Legacy Trados Translation Memories *tmw", but when I was about to upgrade it, the program crashed. I tried it two times, and it crashed two times exactly at the same point.

I thought the tmw could be corrupt, but it opened smoothly in my old Trados.

Then, I tried to upgrade it using the Upgrade Memory button, but it crashed again.

I took a look at the Openexchange apps to see if I found a solution, and thought maybe TMoptimizer coud help.

I installed it, but I cannot run it, since I don't find it! It's not in the Openexchange apps folder, it is not anywhere. I don't know what to think any more.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 02:33
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
TMX Aug 8, 2014

Hi Oliver,
The easiest way out is to export your TM from the "old" Tageditor system to a TMX file and than, under 2014, create a New TM and imort the TMX file.
Try it - it's easy

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:33
English
TM Optimizer... Aug 8, 2014

... I just took a look at my set up and can see the application is installed into All Programs -> SDL -> TM Optimizer

But I think there must be another problem if Studio cannot handle this directly. The export to TMX is a good suggestion as you then have two options, upgrade or import, but it would be interesting to look at your Workbench TM if you are willing to share it?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Oliver Domínguez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:33
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX Aug 8, 2014

Thank you, Amnon. This is what I did, and it worked fine.

I still have to figure out what the actual issue is, but I'm in good hands. Thank you for your help, Paul.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to upgrade tmw translation memory

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search